The Beginning of my summer at Yale

 

When I arrived at this place, I was surprised by the beautiful campus and the chilling mood around here. The harmony of greens and the historical and stately buildings are perfect. Speaking about my dorm, Saybrook College, I must admit that I was a bit intimidated when I first visited there. This is because my dormitory is characterized by a traditional and old-fashioned atmosphere. When I found out that I had to go through a hallway that looked like the inside of Harry Potter's castle to get to the bathroom, I wanted to mourn!

However  I needn't have worried; after a few days of getting used to the atmosphere of the room, I began to appreciate the beauty in the silence. (Although I still need to be a little brave to walk through there alone at 2 am).



People here are so friendly. As I smile at him or her, they grin back at me. If you pass by and say hello to someone, they are sure to return your call, and some have even become close friends as the conversation has grown. This way of communicating with others is not found in my home country, so I am enjoying this environment very much. There are certainly differences in customs and culture between countries and regions, but there is no harm in being friends with people, and I believe that this will always be a factor in making my life more colorful.


Finally, I would like to talk about myself in my life at Yale. Since coming here, I have learned to value Individuality naturally. Personally, I felt that on this campus, there are literally a diverse group of people living their lives the way they want to. I feel like everyone is telling me that I don't have to worry about anything in particular, and I feel like less time is being wasted on stereotypes and conflicts that don't matter. LAtough I understand that freedom comes with responsibility, I enjoy living my life the way I want to here.


Comments

  1. You have a beautiful turn of phrase - from your title, to "the beauty of silence" to "no harm in being friends" to "I feel like everyone is telling me that I don't have to worry about anything....these are all precious and beautifully written sentiments. I look forward to your further reactions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts